Followers

Thursday 17 November 2016

EREBUS

You could just as easily knit sea-spray
into a fluffy white sweater
or capture the wind in a butterfly net
as banish exquisite recollections
from an overly nostalgic mind
that appears hell-bent
on creating it's own personal Erebus.

You need no electronic picture file
to resurrect once more the angles of his face
in life-like colour, or to preserve in time
desire's frenzied flare for intimate touch.
Emotions eject their darts, dipped in thought's poison:
no matter how you sweat to cling to hope,
disillusion still creeps in.

Now in the early hours his voice
envelopes you. Listen to his ballad of bliss:
a lover's cruel lie, preserved forever
in the archives of bitter experience
for future perusal. You struggle
to conquer gut's wrenching in the eternal now:
that final promise fossilised...haunting...taunting...crushing.

Oh how the two of you once loved!
And how the remembrance of it blows you apart,
as if to recreate from your atoms a new Universe
composed of endless frenzied yearning
to catch and tether those fleeting impressions
that nightly come in racing heartbeats' blazing wake
and within seamless vivid dreams.

But this dawn banishes the ghostly images,
and although searing lust so covets immortality,
last night's fever gradually subsides into apathy.
However fiercely you're in denial,
obsession recoils from the clarity of the rising sun
that highlights reality in stark relief, and blinds
the deluded eyes of the emotionally naive.


32 comments:

  1. My Dearest, Ygraine...you are such a talented writer! I am so amazed at your thoughts and how you grab my attention in the very first lines!
    You were born to be a writer my friend~

    Hugs & Love
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...dearest Jan...your kind words truly bring tears to my eyes...they mean so much to me...:))

      I have just returned from a visit to your beautiful blog...and I must tell you how much I have enjoyed it. I do miss being able to comment, but will tell you here...it feels like coming home...I have found true kinship there...:))

      All My Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. PS: To Jan, I miss commenting at your blog, hope you allow comments again there soon. :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jan, Ygraine! You are very talented. You have such an amazing talent with words. Much love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, my dear friend...thank you so, so much!
      Your beautiful blog also is a lifeline to me, I find so much wisdom and guidance there...every time I drop in, there is the very answer I have been seeking.:))

      Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Okay, this writing is wonderful, and the message is so clear. Could only have been written after having lived more years than are left, too knowledgeable and experienced to let happen again, in spite of wishes that they would… Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Anthony, if only being naive was exclusively grounded in youth!
      Seems I am an extremely slow learner...having reached the ripe age of sixty, inside I still feel only sixteen!
      Sad really.*smiles*...and at times, problematic!!:)

      So glad you enjoyed...and thank you so much.:))

      Delete
  4. Your writing is truly remarkable, Ygraine my friend.

    If you click on my name you can read some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lon...so happy you enjoyed...:)

      I have tried to become a follower of your blog, but it just comes up as "access denied" for some reason!
      Please can you advise me how to overcome this?
      I would love to follow.:))

      Delete
    2. Ygraine, I would love for you to follow my blog as well; I hope I fixed it so that you can, could you try again.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Lon!
      I have finally made it there...only my picture still isn't appearing...but at least I'm now following! :))

      Delete
  5. Sometimes, I sit and reread your writings! They are so powerful! So wonderful! You are amazing my friend! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...my deepest, most heart-felt thanks, Sweetie...your kind words mean the world to me!!

      Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Boa tarde, sua escrita é maravilhosa e objectiva, revela os seus belos sentimentos.
    Feliz semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Antonio...that is so appreciated!:)

      Wishing you a fabulous weekend.:))

      Delete
  7. Your words as always , evocative, provocative and original. I'm so glad I stopped in this morning. :-)

    Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way. Take care friend,, G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Geraldine...you are so kind...thank you so, so much.:))

      Much Love & Hugs...and have a magical weekend!

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. reading you is deep serenity to soul and mind dear.

    your words paint world od wonder,wisdom and courage in front of my eyes .
    glad to have you in this beautiful blogging world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...thank you so much, my dear friend!
      It really makes me so happy to know that you enjoy reading my poems...and I'd just like to add how much I enjoy visiting your beautiful blog too.:))

      Have a Wonderful Weekend! :)

      Delete
    2. You know I love all your poems dear :) :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that means so much to me, dearest Gloria...thank you...from my heart! :))

      Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)