Followers

Monday 24 July 2017

SUNSPELL

Lying in the sun.
Dozing, beginning to drift
                                       ever higher.
Looking down at myself,
                                       trying hard
                                                     to remember
what I came here for.
                               Only blankness.


Lying in the sun.
There's a hole in the sky
                                     light streaming in.
I can see Heaven from where I am.
A man I love lives there,
                                      he
was never in my life,
                               neither did he love me.
Who is to blame?


Aah, this precious sunshine!
Sunbathing.
                 I am hot and feverish.
The sun is scorching
                               and my breathing is laboured.
Overhead is space.
Oh there is so much I've lost.
Burn on, pale skin.
                           Soon
I'll be dust too,
                     and like him,
                                       find peace...


A curtain drawn.
                        Retail therapy.
Sleep like a log.
                       Grounding.
                                      Trying not to think.
I feel like getting blotto,
                                    fill a glass.
Fed up running from delusion
                                             going nowhere.
On a crowded train,
                            no one smiles or says "Hi."
Then I arrive and meet a guy -
                                            he hangs on to my every word.
He wears your face.
He's yearned for me as you never did.
He asks me to stay.
"I'll make everything alright,"
                                            he softly whispers.
"No, I can't," I reply,
                              "there is someone else..."
And my mind is racing.
"Let's go out then?"
"No."
    "What's wrong?
                          I don't understand...
where is this other guy?"
                                  I shake my head.
What can I say?
                      And I reply,
"He's in my Soul."

18 comments:

  1. __ Grand "Y", of the sun. So often morning suns can bring mourning; the mind image.

    mind image
    that love of my soul
    mourning light

    that crest of new light
    risen with each day

    _m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...your deep insight...always adds a so valuable dimension to mere words:
    a talent incredibly rare...

    My heart-felt thanks. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed.. Wonderful.. In aw of the sun and how many places it reaches, enlightens and burns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anthony.
      And yes, an awesome force, the Sun...when it's obscured by cloud we're all miserable...when it's in full control we're at risk of being seriously burned...;))

      Delete
  4. Hi Ygraine, what a gorgeous poem and I love the title, such a sense of energy, movement and dance in your words the way they drop off to the side..LOVE that..like it is leading me somewhere each time to different feelings/thoughts/emotions! So much sun magic and symbolism..I love the line..there's a hole in the sky, light streaming in...powerful! You are a creatrix of words and I admire your poetic soul always! Beautifully written!
    Have a magical night
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so kind, dearest Victoria...your words always touch me very deeply...so deeply in fact...that it's sometimes hard to find the appropriate words to thank you!
      So I'll keep it simple...thank you...from the depths of my heart...:))

      Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Beautifully written dear Ygraine. You have so touched my soul with "he's in my soul." I feel my soul beat along with my heart as I read this 💖💕💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dearest Jan...thank you...so, so much! :))
      Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Really delightful poem, filled with light for the body, soul and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, "B"...I really appreciate that! :))

      Delete
  7. Oh dear ,

    You created such a magic with your enchanting description!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    What a mournful story under the sky which got hole and there you find heaven visible where lives the man of your dream
    And what a glorious end that this heaven is your SOUL!

    Absolutely captivating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear friend...your kindness is truly appreciated...and it makes me so happy to know that you enjoyed this.:))

      Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. You wrote this beautifully ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan...I really appreciate that.

      And have a great day...:))

      Delete
  9. Your poems are always so beautiful and so meaningful! I usually read them 2 or 3 times! Thanks for being you and for creating such amazing writings! Big Hugs and Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie, my heartfelt thanks!
      Your kind words and encouragement is so important to me...it has many times been the only thing that has kept me writing.:)
      Thank you so, so much!

      Lots of Love xoxoxo

      Delete
  10. Olá, lindo poema a transmitir a necessidade de amar e ser amada, sentir e dar amor é obrigatório.
    Parabéns pela sua foto de perfil, é linda, bom domingo e semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am truly happy you enjoyed the poem...and that you liked my picture.:)

      Have a Great Day!

      A Hug :))

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)