Followers

Friday 9 February 2018

A VALENTINE'S APPEAL

Life is dull and empty now
and pointless are future years,
for I'm drowning in the self-made rapids
of bitter flowing tears.

It seems so long since you left, my love,
yet it's been no more than a week.
I'm all cried out, my heart is crippled
without the love I seek.

You were my Sun, my Moon, my Stars.
My Air, Fire and Stone -
but most of all, the shining Grail
I sought was you alone.

Yet I failed to see it at the time,
so was easily led astray
by a silver painted china cup
with whom I played away.

So please believe me when I say
I'm consumed by bitter regret
for being driven by hollow lust.
It's you I cannot forget.

I'm begging you, forgive me do -
I know it's a huge request,
but if I could win your heart again
I'd fulfill the most treacherous quest.

Oh if this agony were yours
of such longing day-by-day
just to feel my touch again,
you'd never stay away. ;))

18 comments:

  1. Oh , my dear friend...how I can feel the regret the desperation, the heartache.
    She may have wandered to the proverbial "grass is greener" but I do hope that she can be forgiven and her lover returns~

    BIG HUGS and MUCH LOVE
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do so hope she will be forgiven! lol
    So strange how an invented character can invoke such sympathy...I can't help but feel for her! ;)

    Thank you so much, my Dear friend...:))

    All my Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is really so great. To love and feel such loss, enough to make such an appeal..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anthony...so glad you enjoyed! ☺☺

      Delete
  4. This is poetry of the tallest order. Loved the tone and rhythm.

    Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you...I really appreciate that! ☺☺

      Delete
  5. So beautifully written! So much emotion!! Very powerful! Love it Ygraine! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Sweetie...so much!
      Do hope your aching arms are getting better...too much snow shovelling isn't good for your health!! Lol

      Lots of love xx

      Delete
  6. My compliments and appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Geo...so happy you enjoyed! ☺☺

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Many thanks, Regine...so glad you enjoyed!😊😊

      Delete
  8. really evokes a feeling reading it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed, Sandy...a an thank you so much! 😊😊

      Delete
  9. Touched my soul and made my eyes tear!
    you are remarkable poet dear Ygraine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, my dear friend...and so happy you enjoyed this! 😊😊

      Delete
  10. Wow, great words. Well-wriiten. I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy you enjoyed...and thank you so much!☺☺

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)