Followers

Friday 23 February 2018

POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER

Jolted, drenched, from recurring nightmare
I found you still there, your quiescent
slumbering form against my back.

Guilt-plagued by all I'd said and done
since your close call with death,
I turned and embraced you,

trembling, reliving the hell I'd just left:
the open grave, your coffinless corpse sliced open
with gaping hole where your heart should be

and me, naked, trying in vain to staunch the bleeding,
stuffing flowers into the wound, tons of them
that just kept vanishing into the bottomless red cavern.

Oh please enlighten me - is that horror reality
and this a dream? I am no longer sure, either,
where you and I fit into the mockery

of happy ever after...in sickness and in health
and unconditional love. I've loved you as best I can
through all these long years, through all the traumas

of infant mortality, then threat of widowhood,
to finally emerge in one piece...but only to find myself
now hounded by the sheer terror of terror itself.

10 comments:

  1. to quenche fear
    we search through each darkened night
    tomorrows gift

    History, often becomes tomorrow's gift of care. _m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Doug...through traumas, come life's profoundest lessons!
      Thank you so much...☺☺

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully done. Hope more a bad dream than a reality.. Although I sense it was not…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anthony!☺☺
      Yes, still working on laying these particular ghosts...

      Delete
  3. Exceptionally written, dearest Ygraine...wow!!!
    The raw emotions...the drama!!!
    You are amazing~

    Hugs and Love ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jan, my dearest friend...thank you so much!!

      All my love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is very powerful! I truly hope this was a bad dream, more than reality! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my least favourite recurring dreams, Sweetie!
      Will be SO relieved when they cease forever!!
      Thank you so much...☺☺

      Much love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)