Followers

Friday 8 June 2018

THE GREENWOOD MUSES

Through thicket and forest clearing
I sought the Greenwood Muses
in an effort to ignite creative fuses.
But all I perceived were trees whispering
and in the westerly breeze swaying.

Shafts of sunlight dappled the way:
a winding path between bushes of gorse,
deeply indented with hoof prints of horse.
And the sweetest song of robin and jay
over my senses that day held sway.

Brightness of noon-sun striking
enhanced my subtler senses:
could've sworn I glimpsed through boundary fences
tiny Elves in the tall grass prancing
and rainbow-coloured Faeries dancing.

Was it trick of the light, or second sight?
Either way I was fully transfixed
and suddenly found myself caught betwixt
two worlds and feeling like Snow White
in her elusive realm of fanciful delight.

Well half of me couldn't believe it at all,
while the other half couldn't dismiss
the possibility I'd unwittingly crossed the Abyss
and discovered that place where after all
the Muses held me in utter thrall.

14 comments:

  1. The muses most certainly did capture you - and you us.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much...so kind!☺☺

      A hug xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Certainly makes a walk in the woods more enchanting.
    Wonderful.. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...thank you, Anthony...so much!
      Really happy you enjoyed...☺☺

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy visiting my blogland friends, you never know what you may read or see.

    Ygraine, your poem today I did enjoy and it lead me to do more research into muses, elves and all …
    http://www.thestoryelves.com/muses/

    So my thanks for that …


    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...I am so happy that you liked my humble little poem!☺☺
      And many thanks for the link...I will definitely be visiting there as soon as I'm finished here.

      Big hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. So lovely dear Ygraine ! hope you have a nice and lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, dearest Gloria...so much!☺☺
      And I hope you had a great weekend too...and that your Mom is doing ok.

      Love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Thank you Ygraine!! This is amazing!! I love it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed this, Sweetie...and my heart-felt thanks!! :))

      Lots of Love xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Regine! :))

      Have an amazing weekend...xoxoxo

      Delete
  7. This is just enchanting Ygraine, well done my friend. I felt like I was there.

    Huggggs, Geraldine😂💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...thank you so, so, much...I truly appreciate that...and so happy you enjoyed! :))

      Big Hugs & Much Love back xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)