Followers

Sunday 23 December 2018

PIXELLATED

In memory of Mark McManus...

A man strolling beside the Clyde,
alone and insular.
The cameras rolling.
It's all an illusion.

He pauses to gaze across to the far bank
as if in a dream,
so deep in thought
he's oblivious to the pouring rain.

Reason and insanity collide in my head.
He just turned and glanced in my direction
and then turned back. Ah, such exquisite moment -
just he and I, here, in my living room!

And my mouth goes dry
as hungry eyes devour their Idol
(heedless of knowing looks all around me!)
while he gradually edges into my life.

And in that drab concrete jungle
the delusion grows out of all proportion.
He's still here now! The experience, increasingly substantive,
refutes the very concepts of time and reality.

Slipping into the eternal now
where our lifetimes converge,
I reach out for something more solid to cling to
as if out of depth in a boundless ocean.

And I see in this freezing rain,
beneath banks of cloud in the cordoned off street,
the shadowy idolized form - so near
I can actually feel his aura.

And I follow and follow his every step
yet can't quite catch up.
My heart is racing, pounding -
oh to be this near but still unable to touch!

Hell, what can I do? Stepping outside my head,
I'm reaching further and further into his.
Mark, I ask so little of you
and yet so much: proof that you never really died.

Fixated upon the TV screen, mentally squeezing between it's pixels.
Transfixed between crazy hope and fearful melancholy,
I finally reach him...
in Glasgow, nineteen-eighty-nine

just a moment ago.


Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! xxx

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful writing as usual.. I would not have been familiar with this actor if not for recent extended visits to Edinburgh over the last couple of years with many night watching reruns on the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you enjoyed, Anthony...and thank you so much!
    I have been a huge fan of "Taggart" for many years, and was absolutely devastated when he died, in 1994...😞

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful my sweet and beautiful friend...You were able to finally see him and not an image made of dots packed close together.
    Sadly fame doesn't keep the body alive only the image.
    Your writings are so amazing! What talent!

    Big Hugs and Much, Much Love My Dear Friend xxx
    Merry Christmas and A Happy 2019!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jan...I can't tell you how precious your encouraging words and your friendship are to me...only to say...thank you, from the depths of my heart!

    Wishing you and your family A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...with all my love and hugs XXX
    Please also give your dear sister my very best wishes...😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sensitive searching soul is so evident in your writing. And a gift to your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so sweet...thank you, Sue!😊😊

      Delete
  6. Taggart a wonderful series :)

    Sending good wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to find a fellow fan!!

      Really hope you had a brilliant Christmas too...and wishing you a Happy New Year!😊😊

      A Hug xxx

      Delete
  7. Wowness, brilliant and beautiful writing Ygraine! How I have missed your creative realm... your poems are like visual potions..they spark my mind and fill my senses!"slipping into the eternal now"...how fantastical!!

    Wishing you a magical season and a sparkling 2019 full of love, happiness and creative adventures !
    HUgs and much love spirit sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...what a fabulous compliment...my most heartfelt thanks, dear Soul Sister!!
      I am so happy you enjoyed.😊😊

      Wishing you a truly magical 2019 too...may all your deepest hopes and dreams be fulfilled...

      Much Love & Hugs xxx

      Delete
  8. so beautiful writing!! Send to you hugs and love and hope you feel better soon!
    Merry Christmas and blessings for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Gloria...oh thank you so much, I really, really appreciate that!😊😊

      Ido hope you had an amazing Christmas, and wishing you a wonderful New Year!!

      Lots of Love and Hugs xxx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous. Merry Christmas! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, CiL...so happy you enjoyed!😊😊

      Here's hoping your Christmas was amazing...and Happy New Year!!

      Greetings from Hampshire.

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my beautiful friend!
    Your writings are so amazing!
    Big Hugs and Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie...thank you!😊😊

      I hope you had an wonderful Christmas...and wishing you a Happy New Year!!

      All my love and hugs xxx

      Delete
  11. Beautifully written my friend; reaching into the now and staying there within each and every moment a person is in, I believe is where true liberation is at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, my Friend. Sometimes, escaping from the physical realm can be so healing, I find.😊😊

      Thank you so much!

      Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you...and so happy you enjoyed!😊

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)