Followers

Wednesday 12 December 2018

SELFIE

One rainy Thursday she bought a lycra catsuit
just like the one Seven of Nine wore
in Star Trek Voyager. She had scoured
the whole of Winchester and then Basingstoke
among hoards of Christmas shoppers,
who jostled and elbowed her, until she found it,
tried it on, bought it and took it home.
The Friday was spent searching online
for a Borg costume. The choice was endless,
but costly. The one she eventually decided upon
was an exact copy of Seven's. When it arrived next morning
she was delighted. She lightened her hair too,
a rich golden blonde - well, she did want to perfect every detail!
Next, she carefully applied her makeup while streaming an episode
and studying a close-up of Seven's face.
Getting in character then, she stood in front of her mirror
and practiced Seven's superior upright stance
and powerful but expressionless gaze. Finally satisfied,
she slipped on her killer heels. Perfect! If anything
could win back her Trekkie ex, this was it!
She really looked the part - and was, hopefully,
the closest match to his idol he would ever find.
Then she carefully took a full length selfie
and posted it on social media.

23 comments:

  1. Enjoyed… Wondering if renewed interest or new opportunities win out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed, Anthony...and yes, I hope she did have her wish granted!😉
      Many thanks!😊😊

      Delete
  2. Fascinating. A brave and determined woman. I hope she succeeds.
    I don't do selfies (or social media). Vanity? Or kindness to viewers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* with that much determination, I'd really like to think she was successful!😉
      Haha, me neither, Sue! In my case definitely kindness to viewers!! Lol
      Thank you so much!!

      Big Hugs xxx

      Delete
  3. A determined woman. Amazing how you described everything! I wonder how everything will work out?
    (Hope you're doing ok!! Thinking of you!! Big Hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely determined...and much braver than I could ever be!! Lol
      Aww...thank you so much, Sweetie!!!
      Yes, I'm ok at present...just want to get Monday over!

      Lots of love and hugs xxx

      Delete
  4. Yes, the word determined comes to mind.
    Thinking of you and sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Jan...so much! I really appreciate that!!😊😊

      Hope you're having a great weekend...

      Hugs xxx

      Delete
  5. wonderful descriptions about a woman.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanzania...so happy you enjoyed!😊😊

      Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  6. A woman with a mind of her own and the opportunity to use it to her advantage.
    My prayers are with you and I ask God to be with you my sweet friend.

    Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And don't you just have to admire her inventive spirit? Lol

      Oh thank you, dearest Jan...can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words of support!😊😊
      Only two days to go now...I don't know whether to be excited or terrified!! Lol

      Lots of love and hugs xxx

      Delete
    2. My heartfelt thanks, Sue!😊😊

      Delete
  7. If her ex doesn't love her just the way she is without her having to go through all of that, I feel he isn't good enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ygraine, you nailed it!
    Seven is an enigma, and one of my favourite Star Trek characters.
    Did the ploy work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think it did, Dale...after all, she did work so hard!!😉
      Many thanks...and hugs! xxx

      Delete
  9. Votos de Feliz Natal repleto de muita paz e amor.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...and wishing you a great day!😊😊

      Delete
  10. Just stopping back again …
    Thinking of you and sending my thoughts and good wishes for next week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jan...you are so kind. Thank you so much!
      I really appreciate that...😊😊

      Hugs xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)