Followers

Friday 25 August 2017

FIRE

Still trapped
within the moment,
re-living Fate's
capricious taunt.
Can't let go
of craving something
once perceived
then snatched away
from desire's unlimited
fantastical vision:
aah the dream-form
personified
yet out of bounds
that I want so much
to touch,
to be part of,
to make my own
reality absolute.


Oh magic ritual
please work for me:
crystals
             incense
                          sacred water
                                                flame of candle -
all four elements now combine
to forge a fourth
and hopefully release
Creation's power
in this circle today:
chanting
chanting
Transform my longings
into something substantial
by opening a doorway
into his heart.


The cost is high
but it makes no difference.
I'll risk my all
to just once more
gaze into those gorgeous eyes,
such dark brown eyes
framed by even darker curls;
to be the object
of his desire
and feel the power
arc between us,
if only for a moment.
Oh how different
it'll be this time!
I'll bare my soul
with heart on sleeve
and hope
and hope
for the utterly sublime.


Now slipping deep
into fragrant half-dream,
transported by spiraling
incense smoke.
Mentally backtracking:
I'm here again,
standing before him -
but well rehearsed words
abruptly die
in a throat so constricted
I'm gasping for breath.
Hell! It's happening again -
this effect he has -
I'm rendered dumb
and feeling stupid.
Oh please Elemental Powers
show me this day
the way...


Well, he looks
right through me -
this living wraith
who's willed herself
into his life.
I'm here!
I'm here!
I call in silence.
But he's far too focused
on the outer world
to notice a shadow
playing with matches.
DOESN'T SHE REALISE
SHE'LL ONLY GET BURNED?

It's the Element of Fire
that's out of control:
my desire,
all-consuming desire,
feeding the candle flame
that leaps higher and higher...
until I'm totally consumed
in the blazing furnace
of power misdirected
by foolish,
irrational,
passion unrequited.

                            

20 comments:

  1. So much passion. So much drama. Wonderfully portrayed.. Totally enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely captured me within the first line, dear Ygraine my talented friend!
    Ah, but did she not realize that even though she desired him, one must never use magick to capture another's heart! Perhaps she was burned by the element of fire to teach her a lesson. Merlin would have understood.

    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

    Lots of Love and Big Hugs My Dearest Druid 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...no...don't think she realized what a big mistake it is to use magic to win a man's heart! lol
      Oh yes, Merlin would definitely have understood!!
      Thank you, dearest Jan...your kind words mean so much.:))

      All My Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. So vulnerable, each line a doorway to unreleased passion, raw as a sun rising in the sky at dawn. A dream of two lovers lost in their own world of emotions. Wonderful to read, with so many varying elements. Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks, "B"...really happy you enjoyed...:))

      Delete
  4. what amazing and strong poem dear Ygraine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind!
      Thank you, dear Gloria...I really appreciate that.:))
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Love how you've wound the words together, it pulls you in from the start.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ygraine, my friend, oh . . . how I loved reading what you wrote, so profound!

    I've found for myself if I want something so bad, that once I have the thought of what I want and then desire it with all my mind and heart, once I let that thought and desire go, whatever it was, APPEARS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is genuine wisdom, my Friend...I think maybe sometimes we can desire something (or someone) too much...and if we could only learn to let our desperation go a little, then we'd probably have a much better chance of reaching our goal!
      Thank you, Lon...so much! :))

      Delete
  7. Having lived through loss akin to what you so eloquently describe, I can appreciate the strength of this poem --and your strength and skill in writing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really feel for you, Geo. Such a loss, especially experienced when we are quite young is almost too hard to bear. And it makes no difference how long ago the loss occurred, the scar remains raw, doesn't it?
      Thank you so much...:))

      Delete
  8. Wow, you are amazing girl! Breath taking!! Passionate! Truly beautiful!! I hope you are well! Sending you big hugs and much love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie...my deepest, most heart-felt thanks!
      Your kind words mean so much.:))

      Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

    man of today is surrounded by fire , fire of his endless wishes and lust .he will be burn out but how sad he will burn everything around him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how true, Bailie...sad, but true!
      Thank you so, so much, my Friend...:))

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous pulsing force of poetry in motion! Beautiful and riveting Ygraine!! I can feel such power and energy coursing through this whole poem like a wild wind..you have a way of conjuring the elements to life through your poetry! Amazing, passionate...I can feel the words potently building/growing/expanding like a storm..you are such a true wild poetess and creatrix!
    Always an intense joy visiting your realm...
    HUgs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow...I am genuinely speechless!!
    How can I even come close to thanking you for such kind words?
    My appreciation is bottomless...dear Sister...:))

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)