Followers

Saturday 15 June 2019

THOUGHTS

We are shaped by our thoughts: we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. 
THE BUDDHA

They permeate your every waking moment,
these warring factions, yet so subtly
you barely notice them. Until you're in crisis.
Then disquiet prickles your spine, precipitating
something akin to panic, and your health
gradually falls into decline. The nerves
beneath your skin contract and your heart
bolts away like a prize racehorse
into nightmarish scenario after scenario.
If you understood how you got there,
then you wouldn't be there at all.

It's the secret of anyone who thinks too much:
the impulse to cover their ears and try
to shut it out. The entire Universe
isn't vast enough to contain it's multitudinous
train. It fills your entire being,
totally controlling you. Never were you
more powerless: a mere puppet whose strings
stretch up into infinity. If you value your equilibrium,
don't think!

But, of course, every coin has its flip side:
that intoxicating sense of vitality in your core
when you're possessed by enthusiasm
and can barely believe the heights
you have reached. You love everyone, everything:
you now are infinite - a brilliant ball of positive energy
rising above all earthly nuances. And when you fall asleep,
you fall into beautiful dreams, surrounded
by fragrant bluebells rustling in a spring breeze
as if dancing to spiritual music. Your Soul is present.
You are whole and perfectly in balance.
Live it while it lasts. Think on...

I am taking a short break guys, so will be back in a couple of weeks or so. Missing you all already...😢

10 comments:

  1. I will miss you my sweet friend and your wonderfully talented writings.
    This one is astounding and you are amazing!
    I will miss you and I will look forward to your homecoming here in blogland.

    I am starting a new main blog to go with my art blog...

    https://fromthebarefootgirl.blogspot.com/

    You will be missed my dear friend~

    Big Hugs and Much Love xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very introspective. Enjoyed… More thoughts have now been generated.
    Enjoy the break..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes.
    How right you are, and how beautifully expressed. As always.
    You will be missed. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always I enjoyed your words …
    Sending positive thoughts to you - enjoy your break.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a self examining poem dearest Ygraine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i always wonder the way our brain generates thoughts

    more often numerous and tangled

    i find "meditation" so helpful to calm my mind

    Your way of expression is amazing and powerful dear friend and i find your poetry INSPIRATIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hope and pray that all is great in your lovely world my friend!

    please enjoy break and don't forget to get back soon for us :)
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your writing in this. So true! Our mind is the world we walk through. See the truth of Oneness and the world becomes ONE and peaceful. Still attempting to see this several times a day. "I choose Peace" is my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have discovered when I think too much at times, my thinking does more harm than good.

    Ygraine, my good friend, I have returned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you, everyone...so very much!
    I truly appreciate all your kind and supportive messages.
    They are, and always will be, so precious to me!😊😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your writing in this. So true! Our mind is the world we walk through. See the truth of Oneness and the world becomes ONE and peaceful. Still attempting to see this several times a day. "I choose Peace" is my mantra.
    ecommerce website designing company in india , ecommerce web development company india , ecommerce web design company india , ecommerce website development company in chennai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)