Followers

Friday 25 May 2018

A WITCH'S BALLAD

She's stolen my man
just because she can.
For me he was the only one,
for her simply a bit of fun.
Turning from pink to green - now red:
a shape-shifting Dragon who'll fill her with dread.
I want to burn her quite to death
with my devouring fiery breath.
But, alas, she hides well out of reach
behind high gates I cannot breach,
while lording it over her willing slaves
in a mansion built on my Ancestor's graves.
Oh yes,
she's the one who has ruined my life.
Now it's her turn to suffer dark strife.

Watching her everywhere she goes.
Gosh how she's keeping me on my toes!
A new lover here, a fresh beau there,
all soon discarded without a care
once they've served their purpose for her -
endless supplies of diamonds and fur.
Oh what a thoroughly self-centred bitch
whose life runs smoothly without a hitch.
Well I vow here and now I'll be the last one.
Soon she'll find her power undone.

So returning to my cave beneath Cheddar Gorge,
I begin a silver amulet to forge.
A five-pointed star within a band,
engraved with a language she won't understand.
I pass it through Earth, Air and Water
and then through Fire for this devil's daughter.
Now while gazing deep into darkened mirror,
I bring her image nearer and clearer
until that supercilious face
is fully defined in this magical space.
And with potent herbs I bind her here
until the consequences are clear
of who she's become and what she's done.
The mirror ripples. It has begun...



A week later she passes me by
as if in a trance, her clothes all awry.
Her boys, I hear, have run for the hills
and the only things keeping her sane are pills.
Her beauty has faded in record time
so none now desire her: oh such a crime
that this should happen to a babe like me!
is all she can think. Still she cannot see
that Universal Laws can never be cheated
and all those who try will be defeated.

So unconditional love I send.
Oh it's hard to do, but I have to bend,
or else I'll become as sad as she
then neither of our Souls will ever be free.
So forgiving all the pain she's inflicted,
I probe her mind - she's been addicted
to ego's dictates that she couldn't resist:
unless centre of attention, she couldn't exist.
So I cast a spell to clarify her mind
and help her to deep within herself find
a better path to true self-worth
without having to other's weaknesses unearth.
All those husbands and lovers she's stolen away,
well it's come back to haunt her upon this day.
She's been living in fear of single males -
oh horror of horrors, what if it fails
and she be discarded for someone else...
is this beginning to ring any bells?
Well isn't this what she's inflicted on us?
Such hypocrisy is preposterous!

Oh awareness just dawned - I feel it all.
So now her future is solely her call...😉😉

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!!!
    I haven't any sympathy for this *****!!!
    She deserves everything she got and more!!!
    My heart goes out to those of us who love with all we have and get our hearts broken.
    This was great! It touches a nerve that I try to keep numb 💔

    Big Hugs and Much Love
    ❤💞❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, dearest Jan!
      Became numb many years ago...in self preservation!!
      I had a lot of fun composing this one...and it proved to be rather healing in a strange sort of way.
      Thank you so much!😊😊

      All my love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. And true. Unconditional love is a generous gift - to both the giver and the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!
      Although, sometimes it is hard to do...but is always worth the effort.☺
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear Ygraine you are REMARKABLE poet!

    such characters reap what they sow in the days of power
    power which is just illusion and when the sun of youth and excitement sets takes away all the false glitter of self centeredness which hurt sensitive heats with their selfishness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, there is so much wisdom here in your words, dearest Baili...those things do indeed pass with time and maturity...but Karmic debts will still have to be eventually paid.
      I honestly believe that no one can hurt another person and avoid pay back.
      It is Universal Law.
      Thank you so much, my Friend!😊😊

      Big hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful poem. I can think of the many who can relate.. Not sure which is scarier though, “She” or the witch☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me neither!
      This was a fictional piece, but written for all those who thoughtlessly hurt others...just because they can!😉
      So glad you enjoyed, Anthony...and thank you so much!☺☺

      Delete
  5. Unconditional love ... a wonderful thing!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No always an easy thing to do, but yes, a wonderful thing.☺
      Thank you, Jan...so much!

      A hug.

      Delete
  6. Dear Ygraine just read your kind comment on my place which revealed that you encountered with such a scary lightening and storm last night !
    Dear friend my heart is praying for your safety and blessed stay in your RV ,please stay safe and take lots and lots of care of yourself and precious family !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, my dear Friend...you are so kind - and I appreciate it more than mere words can express.:)
      I do hope you are enjoying your break too...and that you aren't missing your son too much.

      Thinking of you always.:))

      Big Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  7. I just love the sense of mischief running through this poem. I love your sense of humour. Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...really happy you enjoyed, CiL!
      Yes, I had great fun writing this...almost ended up believing it by the time I finished! lol

      Greetings from a rather muggy Hampshire! ;)

      Delete
  8. Wow Ygraine!! How long does it take you to write! This is amazing! I love this. So much emotion! So much feeling! Unconditional love. The people that get hurt, from another. Excellent my friend! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie...my sincerest, most heart-felt thanks!:)
      This one only took an hour or so, as it seemed to just flow.
      Others, though, sometimes take me as much as two weeks. Then, I think, "why on earth did I start this!" lol
      So happy you enjoyed!!:))

      Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)