Followers

Friday 1 June 2018

LAST SUNDAY AT THRUXTON

In search of Aiden Moffat

This man eclipses the Greek Gods
and doesn't even have to try.

His voice over the car radio (aah, that accent!)
transmitted to the hyped-up spectators.

His foot to floor, speed increasing,
Mercedes engine screaming in pain.

From where I'm standing, a blue blur -
increasingly surreal, it seems.

Projecting consciousness into those wheels:
a mental passenger, undetectable.

Wow, the exhilaration -
and not from mere speed alone!

His heartbeat merging with my own,
synchronizing with another plane.

Adrenaline pumping, pumping;
stimulating depths wholly unknown.

Now race is finished, all too soon.
But, pumped up, I'm hypnotically driven:

dodging mad crowds and scouring the pits
for Scottish flag - it's blue and white

symbolic of  Laser Tools Racing.
Fighting, fighting, I get to the front -

and here's the proof I'm telling the truth:



And was he there? Oh yes, but I
never got to meet him. Why?

I froze and stood there, overawed
like dumbstruck teen - how sad am I? Lol


PS/
     I did, however, manage to take this photo! ;))


14 comments:

  1. Great poem and I enjoyed seeing the photographs too!

    I believe, this weekend 2/3 June Thruxton celebrates its 50th anniversary... amazing.

    Happy June Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Jan...so much!:)
    Yes, 50 years...and such a colourful history. It is, indeed amazing.
    I have been here quite a few times, but have never before attended a national event.
    It was awesome!!

    Have a Brilliant Weekend.:)

    A Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, my sweet friend, quite the tribute to this Adonis!
    He is handsome...no doubt...but to me it is in a grandson sort of way :)
    When your 72, most men are grandson age :)
    Beautiful writing as always my talented friend~

    Big Hugs and Much Love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...me too, dearest Jan! Doesn't stop me being a huge fan though!
      The race day was brilliant, and for once the sun was out (something of a rarity for the UK)!
      So happy you enjoyed...and thank you so much! :))

      All my Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Love your work. And the photographs this week just add to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, so much...I really appreciate that! :))

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed very much, though have no idea who the hero is..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed, Anthony...and thank you so much!
      He began racing in the British Touring Car Championship at age sixteen and was the youngest driver.
      I love motor sports...and am a huge fan of both Aiden Moffat and Sergio Perez...plus, my son is heavily into karting, so I had better add his name to my list too (although I'm sure that goes without saying)!!
      Ha, if you ever came to visit me on Formula 1 Grand Prix days, you'd see the Mexican flag flying!! lol

      Have a Great Day!:))

      Delete
  6. Loved this post. So close... :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles*...yes, so close...yet worlds away! ;)
      It was a brilliant day...and we were really fortunate with the weather!!
      Really glad you enjoyed...and many, many thanks.:))

      Greetings from Hampshire.

      Delete
  7. This is fantastic!! What fun!!! Glad you got a picture!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Sweetie...so much!!! :))

      Big Hugs Back! xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. By the way, you're not sad, you're cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...Sweetie...you really are so kind, oh thank you so, so much!!! :))

      All my Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)