Followers

Friday 1 February 2019

RUTH

Inspired by the British TV series, "The Life and Loves of a She Devil"


A tower, perched on a cliff edge:
picturesque, isolated.
Oh how I loathe and detest it!
It is the residence of Mary Fisher.

Bobbo, you promised you'd always love me,
but how husbands can lie
when they promise to never leave you.
Now, I am alone

in the house we once shared.
Alone, with only memories
of how we'd lived together, loved,
and conceived our children.

Did you really believe it? That I
could share you with that whore?
Well, after you left me I burnt the house down.
Let you and she be saddled with our children!

I  had my own life to rebuild, without you.
Each night I cried and cried though,
until blind fury ousted heartbreak. Naked,
I studied myself in the mirror. Yes, perhaps I was ugly -

what some men would term "a dog."
And as I scrutinized my eyes, I was shocked:
I searched deep into the pupils. There was nothing there!
You and she had sucked out my very Soul.

The She Devil took up residence then, in my hollow core.
Red eyes stared back at me, and pure power rose up inside.
I did it then - the thing you'd driven me to.
I dedicated myself to revenge.

Ah, the anticipation of payback felt SO good! It had begun.
I befriended the mother she had tucked away in a home
simply because she couldn't be bothered with her,
and I brought her back to her "beloved" daughter.

Oh how she hated the chaos her mother created - just as she hated children.
And ours were already driving a wedge
between you and her, Bobbo. I was exultant!
The She Devil's influence was growing stronger.

Others like myself I drew around me: the
ugly, down-trodden "dogs."  Together,
we helped each other to find our place of power.
We all wanted the same thing. To gain control of our lives.

Soon, I had stolen all your clients' funds - we still had a joint account, remember!
Ha! Bobbo the successful accountant! Your boring wife had outwitted you.
I was by then a wealthy woman, even more so than Mary Fisher.
 could afford nice clothes, expensive

jewelry and sexy high heels. Bobbo,
eat your heart out! But I hadn't finished yet.
Oh no! The ultimate satisfaction was yet to come.
Agonizing, extensive cosmetic surgery.

I had to be petite, like her. But
six feet two doesn't go into five feet four.
They said it couldn't be done.
But how I proved them wrong!

Liposuction, tucks just about everywhere,
complete facial and genital transformations -
and even a section of bone
removed from each long leg.

Now, I was a much better version of Her: in fact, she was
a mere shadow of myself.
The She Devil had cursed her.
And there was no coming back from that.

Her life fell apart. The celebrated novelist
had become boring to her once adoring public.
And you, Bobbo, were growing tired of her. Poor fragile thing!
Her looks were fading too. Now had sucked out her Soul!

Just one look and you were mine again, but this time on my terms.
The She Devil had total power over you.
I now owned you, body and Soul, just as you'd once owned me.
And the She Devil smiled...





17 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Oh yes!!! Give the "she bitch" hell on wheels just as she deserves...No! Wait! Save some for Bobbo! She couldn't have got through to him if he hadn't been willing to take her up on her offer and his ego wasn't so big.

    Revenge is sweet!!!

    Loved this !!!

    Hugs my dearest Ygraine ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...it was a highly entertaining mini series, Jan. I thoroughly enjoyed watching! One of those that has you on the edge of your seat throughout.
      Thank you so much, my dear Friend!! :))

      All my love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Powerful and nasty. She had become the person she previously despised. Triumph? I am not at all sure.
    Hope you are doing better my friend. Gentle cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Sue! I think, in reality, it would be much better to just walk away in a situation like that.
      It was really entertaining nonetheless. Not to be taken too seriously though...;)
      Thank you so much for your kind thoughts...I am hanging on in there! :)

      Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Really soo good dear Ygraine, really! send you hugs and love,. have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...I really appreciate that, dear Gloria! So happy you enjoyed...:))

      Wishing you a fabulous weekend too!

      Lots of Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully wicked story. Will have to find and watch the series..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! ;)
      Really had me on the edge of my seat...and it is still vivid in my memory all these years later.
      I do hope you get to see it...I'm certain you would enjoy...:))

      Delete
  5. Many thanks for the link you provided. The years pass by so quickly, it was 1986 this series!!! Quite a cast list too. Julie T Wallace was so good …
    Once again your words have caught the sheer essence of the series.

    Hope you are keeping safe and warm in the snow that many areas of the UK are experiencing.
    Continued healing wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so long ago...yet it has stuck in my memory ever since.
      While I've been recovering and unable to do much, I have re-watched the series, and it was just as exciting as the first time! So happy you enjoyed!:))

      Yes, so cold, isn't it? I haven't left the house at all today, and the snow has only thawed where the sun reached.
      Our back garden is north facing, so is still under a thick blanket! Oh roll on spring, I say! ;)
      Oh thank you so much!

      Do hope you are keeping warm.

      Love & Hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh dearest ygraine you are incredibly powerful in your skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    what a wonderful poem
    striking expressions captivated my senses strong!
    As i was watching the whole scenario rigth before my eyes!
    amazingly brilliant indeed!

    i will have to look for this show !

    hope you are doing good my brave strong Ygraine!

    Sending you lots of healing energy and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Baili...you are SO kind...my deepest gratitude!!
    Oh I do hope you get to watch this drama...it is so empowering to women (even if it is a little tongue-in-cheek!)
    It really had me on the edge of my seat throughout!😊😊

    All my love and hugs, dear Friend xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even a section of a bone! Ouch!!
    You describe everything so amazing Ygraine!!! This was so powerful! I love it! You are an amazing writer!!
    Thinking of you always my friend!
    Love you, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sweetie...thank you...with all my heart!!😊😊

    Always in my thoughts too...

    With lots of love and hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. writer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. and i need to watch the series .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)