Followers

Saturday 21 April 2018

PERVERSION

Digesting the Vita Merlini
and obsessed with the world between,
I sought and sought and sought in vain
and so finally sat and scrutinized an Oak
that for all it's rough and age-cracked bark
rapidly possessed my Soul.

Without appetite or thirst I sat
fixated, all-absorbed,
to discover that mystical place within
that worldly eyes can never reach,
for so deep it lies in solid wood
not even the woodlouse has found.

But before any shift in consciousness
toward seeing with Spiritual eye,
every crack, every wart so enraptured me;
each knot, it shone more beautiful
than countenance of a super hero
by idolatry embellished.

Struggle however I would
to penetrate that towering maze
of leaves chattering in Otherworldly tongue
and landscape of mottled and tawny bark,
still no flash of enlightenment
breached my primitive skull.

Instead a capricious sleep-starved brain
cleaved my stupefied senses apart,
saturating sight, hearing, taste, touch and smell.
Now transfixed by this wondrous art
I ride exhaustion's tidal wave
all day, all night.

And such perversion corrupts my vision:
I must watch the wanton wood nymphs emerge
and seduce this sacred Grove,
until not a chaste tree is left untouched
by flux of Nature's darker drives -
the Prophet's human side.

19 comments:

  1. How I love your poetry. And trees. Beautiful, mysterious, wise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you...so much!😊😊

      Delete
  2. All absorbed in the wonderful writing. Enjoyed so much the wilderness and myth I walked into for a bit..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The madness of Merlin...yes, often linger there myself - probably too often...πŸ˜‰

      Many thanks, Anthony! 😊😊

      Delete
  3. i love your writing - words fail me - all i know is every one of your poems speaks to me deep down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW...that is so kind, Sandy...my heartfelt thanks!😊😊

      Big hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. I appreciated the link to Vita Merlini, thank you.
    I enjoyed reading your poetry.

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I'd add the link just in case anyone hadn't heard of it. Really glad I did now!☺
      So happy you enjoyed...and thank you so much!

      A hug.

      Delete
  5. Well written and thought evoking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nas...I really appreciate your kind words!😊😊

      Delete
  6. "Y", the hidden roots of life arose in my 'knotted' mind, their deepth.
    __ Such multiplication within every grove, and we are but one, living within our own bark; the values, the leaves of which we will never fully count.
    _m

    limitless trees
    on uncountable branches
    the leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!!!
      Such fabulous haiku that never fails to entrance me!
      You see with such depth, Doug...
      Thank you so, so much...☺☺

      Delete
  7. "The Life Of Merlin"! Thank you for the link my friend!
    I love your words! I love your poetry! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweetie... thank you so much!!
      So happy you enjoyed...😊😊

      Much love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. Remarkable poetry dear Ygraine!

    terrific tribute and splendid display of both sides of a human

    living equally in both physical and spiritual worlds is so crushing sometimes and you revealed it tremendously

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...you are so kind, dearest Baili...my sincerest and most heartfelt thanks!☺☺

      Have a fabulous weekend, my dear friend.

      Much love and hugs xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. There is so much humanity running through this poem. Loved it. Thanks,

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, CiL...I truly appreciate that.☺☺

      Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  10. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ΰΈ”ูΰΈ«ΰΈ™ัΰΈ‡ΰΈ­ΰΈ­ΰΈ™ΰΉ„ΰΈ₯ΰΈ™์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my posts.
I really appreciate hearing your opinions...:)